I am a full stack engineer with over 10 years of experience building scalable web applications and contributing to technical strategy, product development and growth engineering. I’ve led teams in creating applications and features that deliver deep value to customers and that earn strong revenue.
I believe that to build great software you need to deeply understand your customers.
I’m fascinated by the mechanisms of learning and skill acquisition and find that one of the most rewarding aspects of being an experienced engineer is the opportunity to help other engineers grow their skills.
I blogged a lot a while ago, bot not in years. Mostly around ways to improve education as well as exploring ways to increase my skills faster. These are a small subset of those posts, along with some of my early writings on learning to become a better programmer at the start of my career. You can find all my old posts on WordPress.
- EmberConf: Using Ember to Make the Seemingly Impossible EasyApril 18th 2014
- Ember.js NYC: Your front end is not your back endAugust 21st 2013
- NY Quantified-Self: Using self-tracking to reduce total sleep time to 4 hours per nightJuly 25th 2013
- Summary of “the Willpower InstinctMay 11th 2013
- Daily reflection — The best keystone habitJanuary 15th 2013
- Coding Reflection — Reading and TestingMay 14th 2012
- Reflection RebootMay 13th 2012
- Coding Reflections — Week 3February 27th 2012
- Coding Reflections — Week 2February 20th 2012
- Coding Reflections — Week 1February 11th 2012